Monday, June 08, 2009

Jack Johnson


Had a good time tonight learning some Jack Johnson songs. What is it about these simple, emotional, heartfelt songs? What is it about me that can't do that? Am I too smart for my own good? Too blocked by anxiety, fear, training? I should surf...

I want to make a new self. I want a me that cares more about people, that cares more about beauty, love, life. But these chains hold me down. Chains of greed and lust and hunger. Chains anchored to the earth's core, chains of gravity, death. My body will die and remain here, and it's trying to pull my spirit down with it.

Enough. I've had enough. I choose hope and joy and peace. Enough despair. Enough self reflection and doubt.

I choose a simple melody - 'La da da da da da - La da da da da da da'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home