Thursday, September 01, 2005

Now what??


Greetings and welcome to my first solo blog. Julie and I just got back from our 3 month stay in Eastern Europe. Thanks to those who prayed for us, gave us money and sent us DVD's of our favorite tv shows. You can come see some of the 1200+ pictures we took at our Sept. 9th welcome back party. If you haven't gotten an evite, let us know.
As Julie so faithfully updated, we had an amazing time. It was hard but good. And, as the title suggests, the question is 'now what?' I was half expecting to continue my job at Portland Brew, at least in some capacity, but apparently that's not going to happen. So, after very amicably parting ways with PB, I spent a few days praying and asking God what to do. I met with a few friends, prayed a lot, and listened. And God told me something surprising. He said to wait on finding a job and focus my energy on recording a worship CD. Not what I would have decided.
Part of this decision comes on the heels of playing one of my songs, "None Like You," at the conference we led worship for in Exeter, England, and again at Belmont Church last weekend. If you've heard it, you know there is something uniquely powerful about the song. It's like some kind of strategic weapon. You can have a listen to the most recent recorded version of it on my website: www.robhigginbotham.com. Click on the music link and you'll see it.
So I'm trying to get this recording set up, which is always a challenge, especially without a budget to do so and without income. Yikes. But God is faithful. I'm just trying to be obedient. I honestly don't know what's going to come of it, but I've got lots of peace.
In other news, I've been working on my site. I've posted lots of pictures from our trip, stained glass windows and castles, mostly. I've also 'published' my first collection of magnetic poetry, along with a couple of love poems to Julie. They can be found under the 'words' link. The music page is growing. I'm posting Julie's recent songs as I type this, so they should be available. I've also hidden some of my classical recordings under the guitar picture. You can also listen to some of the recordings we made in Hungary.
That's all for now. I'll try to keep you posted.

Rob

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home